This is Dorothy, (Yes, Dorothy is a Trolley)
– A lovely little lady who has been part of the Custom Trolleys family for as long as we have been making trolleys!
Often seen in the background waiting patiently at the front of the dispatch area to cart things around for anyone who needs her. We use our own products around here, because they are tough and last a long, long, long time, provided you look after them, of course :) Dorothy is a testament to that!
So, back to our story – One sunny winter day, Dorothy was called on for a special task, to go where no trolley of ours has ever been > in to outer space! Noooo, not really! She was chosen for another experiment (of sorts), to test this EziGal thing out – and the results were amazing! Dorothy not only has had a colour change, she looks like we just built her! We know it is her though, good ol’ Dorothy has a few battle scars and war wounds (pictured top right) and the unmistakable MATMO and AAA welded branding.
Indeed a much better result than just a new coat of paint could have given her.
Now, what is EziGal?
Custom Trolleys has partnered with Electrostatic Coatings to provide an amazing coating option called EziGal.
Our new alternative to hot-dip galvanising, EziGal offers the following advantages:
- Coloured finish just like powdercoat
- Smooth, excellent finish
- Lower turnaround times
- No need for drilled holes in pipework, maintaining strength and appearance
- Does not super heat the metal, which causes steel to become hardened and brittle
The EziGal process involves several steps:
- Sandblast the steel back to white metal using a garnet grit – this roughens the steel giving the powder plenty to bite on to
- Coat with a 97% zinc-rich primer powder and bake – this is the anti-corrosive layer, using the same zinc material barrier as used in hot dip galvanising
- Coat with an epoxy primer and bake – this hardens the finish to ensure a strong bond and long life finish
- Coat with a coloured powdercoat and bake – this gives the colour choice and attractive finish
This is just another way that Custom Trolleys partners with other Australian suppliers to bring you a reliable product that’s built to last